Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Struggle of Life...

Have you ever felt as though the struggle of life is just too much to bear? That there is simply too much heartache and pain, that Love doesn’t truly exist, why is there famine, hunger, orphans and widows, why do people feel as though they can’t go on? Useless? Worthless? Dirty?
Over the past several weeks I’ve been able to see the heartache and pain in others lives and share with others my own. How difficult it is to hear someone say they are useless, worthless, not lovable, nor do they feel loved or worthy, how hard it is to see our Brothers and Sisters in Christ hurting, broken and not sure they can go on…How difficult it is to see the hurt in the world to see children, youth, young people and adults try to fill their ‘void’ with relationships, friendships, drugs, alcohol, sex, parties, eating disorders, self-mutilation, lying, sneaking out, etc all because we thought we didn’t deserve anything better? How much do we really love these people who are hurting? How many of us have tried to fill that void with these things only to end up back at square one?
I absolutely love people, I love encouraging, praying, supporting and loving on people. I feel as no one should ever be called a ‘lost cause’ no one should ever be told that they simply ‘aren’t worth it’ I feel as though we, the Body of Christ, can make a difference by building relationships with people; truly getting to know them, love them, respect them and build trust with them. Many times this means we must pull down the mountains around our own lives and hearts and be real, and raw with those we are loving on and caring about. I’ve been reading through the gospel of Matthew during my quiet time and time after time I leave SHOCKED about how BIG and grand God’s love is for me…and how human, yet perfect, he truly was, for He wept before His Father before he was crucified and His heart truly broke for us, yet He did not sin and took my sins and the sins of the ENTIRE world just so I could have a relationship with Him. Even today, I truly believe that God’s heart breaks with us as our hearts break. Night after night, I’ve wondered how much more God is asking of me, I’ve wondered how much of my life isn’t being lived for Him; I know I bug LOTS of people or that’s what it seems; I’m often told “Stephanie, I know you care” “Yes, you’ve told me.” “Okay, I love you too.” “Um yea. I’m fine really.” Sometimes I feel as if I care too much, sometimes I want to just say ‘God, I’m done…I’m done with the heartache, I’m done with the pain, I’m done with investing in others lives and it seeming to me like no one cares’ God is always gentle after these talks, He always seems to whisper that if I’m doing these things for me to be recognized then I’m doing it for the wrong reasons…If I’m too worried about what others think of me and how they respond then I’m not doing them for the right reasons. God always puts me back into a reality check that EVERYTHING I do, I should do for HIM. That my desire should be that everything I do and say should be to bring Him honor, praise and glory. Matthew 5:16 says, “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.” This should be my purpose not that they see me, but that when they see my caring about them, loving them and supporting them that they praise my Father in Heaven.
Heartache and pain is apart of life. Christians aren’t immune to it. No one is. It is something we deal with, struggle with, and somehow find our way through. But I believe that we CAN make a difference. The other night on fb I posted a status saying “I need some encouragement” I love dearly each person who posted on that status and love their support yet I wonder how many times I ignore the Holy Spirits prompting to tell others that I’m praying for them or that I simply care. I wonder how many times someone has to say to me ‘Stephanie, I need some encouragement. I need a friend.’ Sometimes I walk so blindly around my Brothers and Sisters in Christ yet I should daily be encouraging them. I should daily be walking with them through the good and the bad. Through the heartache, pain and victories. It’s a daily journey of walking with our Savior and a daily choice to choose to walk with Christ as Lord of my life. Is the heartache and pain apart of this journey? Yes, because we are human. We have emotions and they can run deep; But I KNOW that I’m here for a purpose. As a fellow journeyman as a Sister in Christ. I’m here to praying WITH my Family in Christ, Laugh with them, love on them and journey through life with them.
I’m so thankful that as I struggle and journey through life that I’m never alone. I’m thankful that I have wonderful Brothers and Sisters in Christ lifting me up, Praying for me and encouraging me to keep my eyes on Christ.
What is the struggle of life? Pain and heartache but the struggle has been overcome by the cross, because of the cross one day we will live with no heartache or pain. Tonight I’m thankful for the Cross.





No comments: