Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Spring/ Summer

Have you ever heard someone say "When Christ is working thats when Satan attacks the hardest..." ???? This has been my ongoing struggle for hte past several months. Its rather frustrating and there has been lots of hurt, frustration, joy & pain along the way but I know end the end of it all Christ will recieve all Honor, Glory & Praise...I'm so thankful for that!

Born out of one girls desire to learn more about her Savior and King and the princess she was and to share that with other hurting girls, the Becoming the Crown Jewel conference was begun. For the past 3 years i have attended the conference and learned whats its like to be a Royal child of the King, what it is like to live a life of Purity and to live a life of Loyalty serving my Heavenly Daddy. This coming year I will be working the conference for the first time as a counselor! I honestly couldn't be more excited to be able to invest in these girls like counselors in years past have invested in me!!!

The second BIG thing that God is doing is in May i'm going on my first international mission trip. I will be spening 6 days in Haiti, working with a group called Hope for the Hungry. May 19-25 I will be in Haiti with 6 others from my church. We will be working in a boys orphanage in Guibert, Haiti in the community of Kenscoff located approx. 10 miles outside of Port-au-Prince. This trip has been such a HUGE answer to prayer and has taught me once again that Gods plans are always perfect. This trip was supposed to take place during my spring break but Gods timing is always perfect, so i will be going in late May instead.

2 days after arriving back from Haiti I will be going to work at Camp Pinnacle in the North Georgia Mountains. This camp taught me so much as a camper so many years ago and i'm excited to be apart of the ongoing ministries of Camp Pinnacle again this summer. We are praying for 1000 campers in 2010, please join me in praying!

No comments: