Sunday, March 28, 2010

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
Psalm 27:14

6 weeks until I’ve completed my first year of college. Where has the time gone? Recently I’ve been thinking about my future. What will I be when I grow up? What are my true passions and how can I use these for God’s kingdom? When will I meet my husband? These are all questions that flood my mind. So many times it is very difficult to completely comprehend God’s plans for our lives. Jeremiah 29:11 which says, “For I know the plans I have for YOU, declares the Lord, plans to prosper YOU and not to harm YOU plans to give you a Hope and a Future.” This is a favorite scripture of mine. Why? Because it reminds me that God always has my best interest at heart even when it seems like my world is falling apart. These questions at times take over my desire to follow God and rely on Him, waiting for Him to lead me to my husband, to my career and in my future. Many times I simply forget that I no longer have control over my own life. For I am a slave to Christ. Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” I am not bound by sin any longer for Christ lives in me and I belong to Him. How difficult this is to remember at my age. John Waller sings a song called ‘While I’m Waiting’ the chorus says… “I will serve You while I'm waiting ,I will worship while I'm waiting.” With this summer quickly approaching and much going on in my heart and my life I can’t help but wonder how many times I feel inadequate to serve God and worship him; How many times I feel like running my own life versus waiting on my Savior and Lord to guide me in the ways HE wants me to go. There is much in this life that I do not understand, much that I think I’ve figured out when in reality I’m completely wrong. But one thing is truth and that is my Savior is asks me to wait on Him. To wait on His plans. To wait on His calling and to simply serve and worship Him while I wait. So tonight I’m content. I’m content in the past, present and the future knowing that God is my guide.
So tonight:
I will Serve Him while I’m waiting

I will worship Him while I'm waiting


No comments: