Saturday, September 12, 2009

Prayers Answered

Tomorrow is the end of my 1st week along my journey and i've loved every moment of it! God has taught me a lot about patience this week & has continued to remind me that He does things in His will. Its a daily choice for me to wake up and allow HIM to be my guide that day. I have had some amazing prayer warriors throughout this entire struggle and many friends who have been praying as well. I am forever grateful for the Brothers and Sisters God has blessed me with as I journey with Him.
This week as been a struggle, but in a good way. Wednesday night we had a big kick off at the church where over 200 youth showed up for hotdogs, hamburger, boiled peanuts, bands, mud, mud, and more mud! It was a great time had by everyone. I was genuinely happy on this night for i knew God has been doing amazing things and He continues to do amazing things. Thursday David, my youth minister, Matt Harper and I met for lunch. Matt and I will be starting a new Sunday School class for new believers starting tomorrow. We met and talked about how God has been working in lives this summer and how He continues to work. A revival is breaking out amongst the young people of our nation and there is nothing we can do to stop it. How exciting?!
So this week has been a challenge as I have changed some of the ways I encourage people. My prayers have increased, my time with God has increased as my direct encouragement has decreased. Wow, has that been hard, yet so rewarding! God continues to show me that He is in control as I had a prayer answered today as I recieved a txt from an old friend. She asked How I was and then said 'I just wanted to thank you for your prayers' that was the most profound thing anyone could have said. I was overjoyed not only that we were talking but that God was showing me that HIS timing is perfect, NOT mine. So Prayers have been answered this week as I have continued to realize that my passions are changing. I was talking with a dear mentor in my life today and i was saying how God had been changing my heart to work with unchurched youth instead of the churched youth in recent weeks. She said yes, but it was the church youth that God used you to help mentor first before He led you to the unchurched youth...God is doing some pretty incredible things as He opens up paths for me to help others reach their friends! What an exciting Journey that He has led me upon & I couldn't be happier that this journey is with Him.

Lord, Thank you for who you are. Thank you for being my Savior, Lord, Father, Reedemer, Friend, Healer and so much more. Thank you for dying upon the cross for my sins and for accepting me. Thank you for choosing to use me as a vessel in your kingdom. Lord, Thank you for never leaving my side & thank you for sending Brothers and Sisters in Christ to intercede for me and lift me in prayer. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to pray for Brothers and Sisters in Christ daily across the world as their share your message of Hope! Thank you for leading me on this journey and giving me strength and perseverence. Thank you for who you are. Thank you for loving me. I love you. ~ Amen.

1 comment:

Eagle Star Academy said...

Hey Steph, I am glad the week ended on such a great note! I am proud of what you are doing and I know God is working and doing great things in and through you. Keep your eyes on HIM and HE will guide you and show you exactly where He wants you and what He wants you do be doing. I love you. You are an inspiration to me!