Thursday, February 5, 2009

Breaking the Chains of today & releasing HOPE for tomorrow.

Second time in 2 weeks that i'm writing about what God is doing! So Wednesday night we had an open mic and music night. I have to be honest and say that i wanted the 'testimony' part to go a lot better but thats why i'm not in control & He is! He always knows what we need when we need it. So the 'testimony' part was finished and our bands got up to play for our closing & invitation part, we sang for like 30-40 minutes and before we knew it, it was 8:30 (church is supposed to let out at 8:00) God was moving in powerful ways. I'm so excited to be apart of a church where He is seen and recognized! It makes me excited to see people go to the alter with their friends, to see people join together not as the jocks or the band kids or whatever sterotype they make have been put under but to see them go to the alter and Brothers and Sisters in Christ, as ONE body of Christ. Unity. It was amazing to sit there (well stand there) and watch those 'stereotypes' be broken & friendships mended...that can only be a thing of God! Its an absotlutely amazing to see those chains being broken! I have gain so many more friends by breaking out for that sterotyping system and reaching out like Christ calls us to....I now have a LARGE variety of friends & each of them holds a different place in my heart. I have friends at the middle school (although i see these as my mentoring group), & i have friends at all areas of the high school & friends in college. God has blessed me tremendously by being able to befriend people around me. Its NOT easy but with his help & guidance i'm trying to be his hands and feet. Many times its challenging to get involved in other peoples lives like someone told me this past week...'Ministry is getting involved in the mess of people lives' but i just thank the Lord that we are able to share the HOPE with them. & i'm excited that i have a best friend, family & family in Christ who tries to do just that...share HOPE with people.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

GOD IS AMAZING!!!! That's about all im going to say!! GOD IS AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,
lovin readin your stuff. you are a great inspiration to so many people. keep up the good work! I'll be prayin for ya'll 2-morrow
Love ya,
Mrs. Lisa