Friday, February 13, 2009

'Singles Awareness Day' or 'Celebration of the gift of singleness'?

Tomorrow is Valentines Day or as many refer to it as 'Singles Awareness Day'
In 1 Timothy 4:12 it says, "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example to the believers in life, love, speech, faith and purity.
So my question is why does my generation think that it is so wrong to be single. Why must they always have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I believe that their is one man for me...hes out there i have no doubt. Gods promised me that. But i've committed that during these years that i'm single...i'm going to live my fullest for Him. When we are single we dont have a family or responsibilties that we will one day have when God puts pairs us with that special woman or man. My husband and i won't be able to pick up and do missions when we have a family without considering what is best for our family. During our single years we should set that example that is stated in Timothy...Timothy was a young man but he was an example to so many. We should desire to set the example to others...why do we sit on Valentines Day and feel sorry for ourselves. God has given us the gift, Yes, singleness is a gift from God...but like every gift we have a choice....we can choose to sulk through every Valentines Day feeling sorry for ourselves or we can Celebrate the gift that God has given us in singleness to use these years reaching others for his kingdom. We are at a special time in our lives that we are only blessed with for a little while. How will you choose to spend your single years? so this Valentines Day will you sulk about being single or will you embrace the gift from your Heavenly Father....

Lord,
Thank you for these single years. I pray for my future husband may he embrace his single years as a gift from you and use them for your glory. May you continue to bless these single years for me so that i can love others...so that one day when you bring my husband to me their are no regrets that my single years were used for your glory.
Amen

ANY THOUGHTS?

2 comments:

chandra said...

I think you are very right, Stephanie. You should enjoy living fully for God and not letting yourself be held back. You will meet that special man God has for you and when you do you can proudly say you have nothing to be ashamed of or nothing to regret. Keep on doing what you are doing, you are a blessing to so many. Thank you for setting such a great example for those around you.....love you.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie "gets it" thanks for sharing and being so bold in your faith
love ya,
Mrs. Lisa