Saturday, July 26, 2008

Believing...

So recently I’ve been thinking about this coming school year…about how I can make a difference and how I can make this year count. I want this year to count. I want to make a difference and I know and believe with my whole heart that God is going to do some amazing things this year. This time next year I believe I will be sitting here saying…God, WOW! Look at all you’ve done and their won’t be a doubt in this world that God didn’t do it…b/c their will be no other explainable way! So in June I went to Student Life a conference for teenagers in Myrtle Beach, SC the last night the speaker spoke about how we needed to live our lives for Christ. I was really broken about sharing with others about Christ. My best friend and I were both crying and she got up to pray with our youth pastor and she came back and I sat down to give her a hug and she looked and me and said, “are you ready?” and I was like “yea, I’m ready” It was an amazing moment…I’ve realized recently how blessed I truly am I normally say that I’m blessed but to have a family that supports me, a church family who supports me, a God who says just say Yes to my calling and I’ll do the rest, I’ll provide, keep you safe and give you a testimony so when people here it they say hey that was God! He gave me the best friend a girl could ask for. Not only do we get along and have shared many many many years of friendship together but we have grown spiritually together! We have had many tears shared through this journey we have both survived mission trips from home & supported each other through it all. God is good. When we just believe things begin to happen that are unexplainable to man but explainable to the people of God!

My Story from this summer.
In January my best friend and I began praying about what summer missions trip we should take. I thought I had found what I was going to do this summer…s o I began praying and my parents were praying and this was something I wanted to do, not something necessarily that He wanted me to do. So after some stubbornness on my part I decided that I wasn’t listening to God so I looked at Brio’s mission trip but most of the dates had passed by and the money was due soon…things didn’t fall into place but still I felt as though God was calling me somewhere then I heard about the annual mission trip to Kotzebue, Alaska with some local churches so I e-mailed the missionary in Kotzebue and he got me in contact with the pastor at home that was heading it up…things began falling into place…this was where HE wanted me to go! I’m a planner by heart but…I never worried about where the money would come from or what my parents would say somehow I had a peace that He was taking care of it all. July 1st I boarded my first plane to guess where?? Kotzebue, Alaska I was on my way…God provided and still provides!

Do we have that childlike faith that He will provide when we say Lord hear I am send me….Do we really give it all to him and BELIEVE with our hearts that it will happen…I do…I’m proof that when we believe and give it all up…its so much better!

God,
“Here I am, Send me.” Send me this year to where you want me to go. I believe that this year you will change me, you will change our school & our community. Lord, help me to believe and follow your will. We can do all things through you. Give us the strength this year and use us…but Lord next summer let it be all about you … help everyone to realize and see that this past year wasn’t about us but that You did it all!

No comments: