Friday, January 6, 2012

My Journey with Jesus..Continues..

My Journey to Uganda....

October 2011 - I talked with my school mentor and adviser about taking a year off from my major and serving in Uganda - they said it was possible.

December 15, 2011 - I leave a letter with my parents explaining the Lords calling on my life to go to Uganda in 2013 - I ask them to pray with me about the opportunity. 

December 29,2011 - We talk as a family about the plans of going to Uganda, costs, fundraising, etc. - My family supports me in this adventure. 

December 29, 2011- I ask 2 people to write letters of recommendation for me. 

January 5, 2012 - I send in my volunteer application along with 2 letters of recommendation 

January 6, 2012 - I get an e-mail to set up a phone interview for next week ( January 9 or 13)

January 9,2012 - I had a pre-interview with Lauren (stateside with Ekisa)

February 25, 2012 - I am officially accepted to be a volunteer at Ekisa in the summer of 2013 - I can't wait & the fundraising begins!

September 2012 - I commit to going to Uganda TWICE - once for 2 weeks in February to Angoltok and then for 11 weeks in May to Ekisa - the Fundraising journey continues! 

MY...
 

Continues...


Isaiah 6:8
 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" 

No comments: