Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sorrow & Joy

Isaiah 55:8 "Your thoughts are not my thoughts and your ways are not my ways. Declares the Lord." 

I live in a community that has been through many hurts and much sorrow over the last 2 years. Within 18 months we have lost 6 youth - 4 to automobile accidents and 2 to suicide. It has been a tough several months and many times we have been left with the question 'WHY?' However, the Lord has been reminding me of the story of Moses, Moses walked in the wilderness and you see this is my communities' wilderness and through this wilderness we must learn to trust and cling to a the Savior who is the source of all comfort and strength. He is challenging and reminding me daily of the LOVE of the Savior who gave His all for me. 


So today we are still in the midst of the wilderness, or so it seems, but soon very soon we will be jumping for JOY - the Lord has the ability to do this....

And the Lord will walk us through the wilderness 
And give us JOY!

No comments: