Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Girls...

I’m leaving in a matter of days…off to Camp Pinnacle a camp I attended as a child and honestly can’t wait to be back up there! Camp Pinnacle is a place I will call home for 7 weeks of my summer vacation and I couldn’t be more excited. But as I get ready to leave there is one reason why I’m skeptical to go… You see I just finished reading this book called girlfriendship. It’s a book about friends and how much our friends really mean to us and the difference they make in our lives.

As I began thinking back to the past 2 years when I can truly say that my life with Christ has only gotten better and better, I have had the amazing opportunity to be a mentor to a dozen girls: Brandy Oglesby, Allison Dyches, Holly Nance, Kristine Aliff, Kim Shepard, Lauren Saxon, Tory Baxter, Sarah Fort, Amanda Duff, Emily Hendrix, Brittany Mensing and Destiny Mills.

Each of these girls has taught me so much about life, love, and happiness, I have learned that no matter what others may think about you that you always do what God commands of you…if I had not listened to Him I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet any of these girls.
Through mentoring these girls I’ve learned about many Family Problems, eating disorders, suicide, low-self esteem, unsaved souls, self mutilation, boyfriends, spiritual questions, alcohol, drugs, pregnancy, friendships, divorce, broken, bruised, confused, and burdened girls these are just some of the names that have been put into the lives of these girls but many of these girls have turned into the saved, my prayer warriors, sisters and above all friends.

Through the past 2 years one of my life verses has become 1 Timothy 4:12—Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example to the believers in love, life, speech, faith and purity. Over the past 2 years I have been able to do just that as I have been able to share my journey with Christ the good, bad and ugly with these girls. Many of them have become more like my sisters than friends…and all of them have a special place in my heart. Each one of them has taught me something that I didn’t know or strengthened me in someway, form or fashion.

So to each of you girls know that your problems, concerns, triumphs and failures each problem that is important to you is important to me. God has blessed me with being able to be your friend in the troublesome and joyful times. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your lives…I thank God for you!

Your Friend, Sister & mentor,
Stephanie

No comments: